Monday, October 26, 2009

CycloCross in Louisville 'O-YAH'

USGP day one in Louisville my best race ever 109 entry's so the starting grid was full. I had to start 3/4 in the back of the pack and try to work my way up to the front, it's tough riders all over the place soon before you know it crash #1 right in front of me. Sitting around 30th i had to jump over a few riders and work my through the first crash on my way to the first set of bearers feeling great passing left and right and giving it my all. Soon before i new it i was coming up to the BIG Green MONSTER it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be up and over no problems lap one done and did 3 more and ended up in 11th place out of 109. Day 2 not so good it seemed like every one was all over the place 2 crashes at the start set me back and i try ed so hard to get to the front and burned my self out. So i raced hard for 3 more laps with 5 other guys and fell off the train 1/2 lap to go ended up in 21st place. I went into Thea's two races hoping to get in the top 20 and i did on day one and just missed it on day two all i can do is train harder to get faster. Special thanks to Brian Matter for the support not every race you get your coach on the course to push you harder. I guess i could go on and on about the race and trip but i took in so much it was a great experience and if you love CycloCross i encourage you to hit up the good old country blue grass in Louisville it was a blast. Six more Cross races in Wisconsin and than off to Michigan for ICE-MAN.




No comments:

Post a Comment