Thursday, November 12, 2009

Nice Man "Not so Nice to me"

I did my first ICE MAN last weekend and i was nervis as all hell couldent stop thinking of the race all the way up to Michigan. We arived at the finish and pre road the chourse backwards about 12 miles legs were not fealing it at all i felt really slow. So after a rocken pasta dinner i went back to the hotel to rest up for the big day. Got up earley and felt great i was ready to race did a good 30min warm up and went to the line first row 119 riders good size field. 10:10 take off time and we were off i was racing 2nd wheel and was fealing great i was fealing lots of power in my little legs and hoping for a win. All i was thinking about was the finish line and how well i was doing we had a group of three off the front we had about a 4 min gap on thw whole field never was in that position befor and it felt great. And 15 miles into the rase the worst happened turned a corner took it to wide and crunch a bunch of sticks went into the spokes and gave me a flat tire. I just said NO NO NO not today go figure best race of the seasion and it went upsidedown i tried to change the tubless and it dident work after 3 Co2 cartridges it was over or was it? 13 miles to go it's a long way back so i raced my ass off on my flat tire and rim and ended up 52 out of 119 not bad racing for hving a flat i will be back next year to redeam my self and i will be even faster. Untell then off to more training and get ready for the Wisconsin State Championship CycloCross race.

No comments:

Post a Comment